According to the need of sustainable development and promoting environmental protection, ISO formally promulgated ISO14001 environmental management system standard in 1996 and revised it in 2004. Its basic idea is to guide the organization from the highest leadership to every employee to establish self-restraint mechanism of environmental management according to PDCA model and handle the relationship between their own development and environment protection with initiative and conscious spirit to continuously improve environmental performance, conduct effective pollution prevention, and ultimately realize the benign development of the organization. It requires organizations to support environmental protection, pollution prevention and continuous improvement by establishing environmental management systems, and to prove the conformity of their environmental management system and the level of their environmental management to the outside world by obtaining certification from third-party certification bodies.
1. Principle of voluntary
3. Require organizations not only to manage the environmental factors that they can control, but also to manage those environmental factors that can exert influence.
4. Emphasizing compliance with laws and regulations
5. Emphasis on pollution prevention
6. Emphasis on continuous improvement
7. Emphasize the viewpoints of relevant parties
8. There are no specific environmental performance indicators, but the basic requirements for implementing pollution prevention and improve organizations continually to establish environmental management systems in accordance with laws and regulations.
9. Establishment of environmental management system must be combined with the elements of the current management system of the organization.
1. Improve the environmental behavior of organizations to avoid legal and environmental risks
2. Improve the management level of enterprises and provide scientific management mechanism for pollution prevention and sustainable development for enterprises
3. Promote energy saving, consumption reduction and cost reduction in enterprises
4. Improve the market competitiveness of enterprises
5. Improve the consciousness of enterprises to be abided by the law independently and promoting the implementation of environmental laws, regulations and management systems in China
6. Improve the management level of enterprises and the environmental awareness of all employees